Friday 18 May 2012

This one's for you Aja...

Right now, I am wearing a secret half-smile (no longer a secret I guess) as my fingers hover over the keypad. I am thinking of my crazy , impulsive, and somewhat scatterbrained cousin. She also happens to be one of the most persuasive and compelling individuals I have ever come across. I both blame and credit her for getting to this point with my blog.
I'm not about to do any *actual* research into the matter (details: not my strong suit), but I would wager that a significant number of blogs begin with people self-deprecating about the fact that they were coerced into writing by someone else to whom they told a funny joke once or showed one of their handmade macramé owls. I would like to say I'm not one of these types, but unfortunately that's not true - I did tell a funny joke once and I make a mean macramé owl. Ok so I can't make the owl. I feel I'm getting away from my point... What I'm trying to say is that Aja is that person who has emailed, messaged, texted, and coached me into creating a blog. Apparently she believes I have something to say and an appealing way of saying it.
And actually, I agree.
I'm not quite sure exactly what you're going to get here but like the description says, I'm hoping it makes life a little better. No deep and meaningful, ground-shaking, world-changing, cancer-curing posts; but a little goodness. With jam & cream.


Here's Aja (right) rocking out at her sister's wedding in Feb.  More to come on these lovely ladies later.  It's a good story, believe me!  Thanks to The Simple Things for the great photograph.

4 comments:

  1. Yes Yes Yes!! I think I just weed my pants when I saw this blog pop up on facebook page! Great things are going to come and happen from these pages... I am jittery with excitement. Congratulations Charly for taking the plunge!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. brilliant,Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bring on the macrame owls...

    ReplyDelete
  4. You go girl! There's nothing better than following your heart. I look forward to the many entertaining and inspiring reads and discoveries to come through your fabulous blog! Well done xxx

    ReplyDelete